The Board of Supervisors is the governing body of Valley Township. The Second Class Township Code, an enabling legislation enacted by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, sets the powers and duties of the supervisors as well as all the other township elected officials. The Board is comprised of five members who are elected to six-year terms. The Board of Supervisors appoints the members of the various advisory boards and authorities. An administrative staff, led by the Secretary/Treasurer, coordinates and directs the work to various township departments and carries out the administrative policies of the Board of Supervisors.
Patrice Proctor, Chairwoman firstname.lastname@example.org
Department: Parks & Recreation
Kathy O'Doherty, Vice Chairwoman
Department: Special Projects, Safety, & Building Administration
Christopher Lehenky, Member & Roadmaster
Department: Roads, Trash, Recycling, Water, and Sewer
Joe Sciandra, Member
Department: Billing & Finance, Land Development, Codes Department
Janis A. Rambo, Secretary/Treasurer
Alan Jarvis, Solicitor
Pennoni Associates, Engineer
Valley Township was formed in 1852 by a decree of the court. It was composed of a considerable slice off the south end of West Caln and a small slice off the south end of West Brandywine. It is half its original size having been reduced in size by the incorporation of the Borough of Coatesville in 1867 and in 1868 by the creation of the Township of Caln.